Saturday, August 20, 2011

Butterfly my ass!

Ahh, the thyroid, the "butterfly" shaped organ that helps your body control energy consumption and produce a myriad of hormones to do various things for your body. Well, my thyroid is screwed up, like way up. Its up and then down, I'm on meds, then I'm not, then I am, then they have to double my dose. I don't understand it. We've been trying to get this thing under control for over a year now. I am pretty certain this organ is the reason why I haven't been able to get (or stay) pregnant for the last 2 1/2 years.

It sucks. And not to mention, it makes me feel like crap. Now granted, I've not felt awful recently, but I've had some serious hot flashes, and have been experiencing more fatigue / tiredness lately which up until this morning I chalked up to "maybe" being pregnant. Well, we all know that didn't work. Yes, my beta came back at a 5, but my RE's office doesn't consider anything less than 10 a pregnancy. Looks like they were right as my temp fell hard this morning.

So yes, butterflies...butterflies are beautiful creatures that flutter into our lives and bring us a smile. My butterfly shaped thyroid is giving me anything but smiles. I'd relate my thyroid more to a little demon than a sweet butterfly. Blah!

Needless to say I'm bummed about not being pregnant, but this thyroid issue is really making me batty. I just want it to work right, damn it!

1 comment: