Friday, January 28, 2011

What a mess!

Literally, my house is a disaster area. There is so much stuff to do and I just don't even know where to begin. I mean honestly, if I want a child, I need to get things organized and fixed up, because right now, I would NOT bring a child into this mess!

My procrastination is definitely to blame but I blame B as well. I know he works really hard and has PhD work to do...but I work long hard hours as well and am beat when I get home, so why does all the housework have to get pawned off on me? Not to mention we are both pack rats so when we got married it was like 2 storage lockesr being combined, and in a little garden home, it just ain't happening.

So I'm going to post some "to dos" of sorts that I'd like to have done by the end of the year. Hopefully I'll remember to update what I've accomplished periodically. To Do lists are nice, but Done Lists are better! O.K. so here goes:

House TLC for 2011
  • Donate any clothes, shoes, etc. I (or B) no longer wear / use
  • Throw out too worn / unusable clothes, shoes, etc.
  • Shred all documents with personal info we no longer need
  • Finish painting dining room
  • Hang curtains in guest room
  • Hang pictures / art
  • Unclutter livingroom and master bedroom
  • Decorate livingroom and master bedroom
  • Finish decorating kitchen
  • Put shelves / hooks in laundry room and garage
  • Arrange pick up for daybed for donation
  • Get rid of broken futon
  • Get rid of dead tree in front yard
  • Landscape front yard
  • Get rid of random bushes in backyard (I really don't know what the people who lived here before us were thinking with their random shrubbery in the middle of the back yard!?)
  • Update both bathroom light fixtures
  • Get livingroom rug steam cleaned
  • Paint master bathroom
  • Repaint guest bath (maybe)
  • Fix chipped paint in guest room
  • Decorate guest room
  • Take all cardboard boxes to be recycled
  • Big project: Unclutter / organize 3rd bedroom (aka storage room)
Sadly, as you can see, we have...or should I say I have a lot of work to do! I'm really embarrassed by how bad our house looks. My parents always made us clean our rooms and do chores around the house. It was never messy or cluttered. I've just been too busy, too distracted, and too lazy to care about my house, not to mention that when your hubby doesn't care, it makes it that much harder. Its really turned into a nightmare though so I'm determined to unclutter our lives this year.

I've already started today, and I'm going to do some work tomorrow,then I'm taking two half days off in Feb. to hopefully have two long weekends b2b to get everything in its place. I think that'll be a good jump start on spring cleaning and hopefully things won't get this bad before I do a nice Spring Cleaning in March or April.

2 comments:

  1. Holy hell your list is longer than mine and I'm lazy!! As for the house work well I am stuck doing ours too. I am so enjoying bed rest and MH doing everything. I am milking it to the fullest! He just finished doing dishes... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good hubby! :) Yeah, if I ever had to do bed rest...well, the house would be unlivable! I figure if I put a list for the internet world to see, I'll be more apt to do it b/c I don't want to be an embarrassment. :P

    ReplyDelete