So I stole this from a friend's blog, but I think it’s a neat way of remembering the past year so I'm going to take a crack at it.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Visited D.C. and planned a vacation with people I met on the internet and didn't meet in person until the vacation! Both were awesome experiences!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for 2011?
I don't remember if I even made a new year's resolution. I never keep them if I make them anyway.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A lot of interwebz friends did and I'm uber happy for them! A sweet friend had her little Lucy who I have loved getting to know. Also my cousin is due in about 8 weeks.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not family-wise, but there were a few people I knew through work that I got to know really well that passed away. They will be missed!
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't go outside of the U.S. this year. It'll probably be awhile before we do :( But I'd love to go on a cruise and go back to Europe someday.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
A baby or even just a pregnant belly would be nice. I also would like to have my student loan finally paid off, and if possible my car (although that's a long shot). I'd also like to have a nice "rainy day" fund set up.
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan. 2- Went to my first ever Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert!! AWESOME!!
Jan. 7- Alabama won the National Championship (most amazing season I've been alive to see)
Feb 2nd- A short-lived BFP ended in a c/p at 4 weeks 3 days. :(
May 28- Jun 1- Got together with some awesome ladies I met online. We spent the Memorial Day weekend at Disney and had a BLAST!
Oct. 11- Our anniversary trip to D.C. It was such a fun road trip with DH and some special other people we got to share that week with (MB and V) and my brother and W in Baltimore.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I became my own advocate when it came to health and TTC issues.
9. What was your biggest failure?
9. What was your biggest failure?
That I once again let a whole year go by without getting my house cleaned and organized like I'd like it to be. I keep blaming being too tired b/c of work, but I know its mostly b/c I'm a lazy procrastinator.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I found out I am hypothyroid and that could be the key to fixing my IF issues. Other than that, I've been pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My HTC Aria...OMG how did I live without a smart phone before?? :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
There's so many: my family for understanding my IF enough to know not to pester me with questions, my hubby for loving me even though I wasn't always so lovable this past year, and my new e-friends who love me enough to call / text / send cards to let me know they care about me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
My jackass of a district manager who doesn't care one hoot about his employees, he just wants to do whatever he can to make it the next step up the corporate ladder. Seriously, I don't think I've ever met a more self-absorbed douche in my life. Whenever he comes by our store, I honestly feel bullied and I hate it.
14. Where did most your money go?
Unfortunately bills, although we did get some good trips out of this year too. There was New Orleans, Disney, Illinois to visit family, the road trip to D.C. Not to mention the football games we tailgated/ attended. We are very lucky to get to travel so much!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trips b/c I love to travel! I was also ecstatic over some Bumpie's BFPs and / or new bundle's of joy!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"California Girlz" by Katy Perry. Its such a catchy song and I pretty much have a girl crush on Katy so yeah... :)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier
b) about the same...maybe a bit flabbier
c) also about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Get my house cleaned up and decorated.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watching T.V., stressing over work and TTC, and blowing money on fast food when I know I could make something for a lot less $ not to mention a lot healthier.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With DH's family on Christmas Eve, and my immediate family (at the new lake house) on Christmas Day.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
21. What was your favorite TV program?
All the Wed. night sitcoms on ABC, Army Wives, NCIS, Castle, and House (although not so much anymore). See too much TV!
22. What was the best book you read?
22. What was the best book you read?
The Percy Jackson and the Olympian series...yes I'm a dork...but there are no more Harry Potter books, so what's a girl to do?
23. What did you want and get?
23. What did you want and get?
A new phone, a flat screen HDTV, DH got a new truck, and I got a possible reason to my IF. Oh and I transferred jobs to closer to home which has been great!
24. What did you want and not get?
24. What did you want and not get?
I really thought I'd have a baby or at least be pregnant by the end of 2010.
25. What was your favorite film of 2010?
25. What was your favorite film of 2010?
Tangled!! So Disneyliciously awesome!
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 on Nov. 3rd and I got to work, YAY.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Again, a baby or a pregnancy. Also a passion for a career field as I seem to be stuck.
28. Who did you miss?
28. Who did you miss?
My G'pa (my Dad's Dad). He's suffering with Alzheimer's and even though I got to see him briefly this year, I know he's pretty much gone. It was so hard to see him like that, but I'm so grateful that I did get to see him and hug him and tell him I loved him one last time. I just hope and pray that he moves on to Heaven rather quickly as I'd hate for him to be in that state for an extended period of time, not to mention its such a burden on my G'ma. I love you G'pa Z. <3
29. Who was the best new person you met?
All the awesome chica's from my above mentioned trips: Disney~ S, M, J, H, E, A, M (in Vero) D.C.~ MB and her hubby V B'ham~ B and J All you ladies are amazingly awesome and I hope we get to meet IRL again.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
You are the only person who can advocate for your health and well being. You never know where you are going to meet friends that become like sisters (not everyone online is a scary freak). I apparently have a lot more patients than I knew...even though it is still hard sometimes waiting; I'm definitely a lot better at it.
Hey hon! I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Stylish Blog Award :) Details are in my blog
ReplyDelete