Saturday, October 22, 2011

Keep on keeping on

We have had *some* progress with our house. We finally have ceilings up and got the tile work done in the guest bathroom. We have all our laminate flooring at the house and it just needs to get installed. However, the guest bathroom flooded last weekend (weakened turn off under the sink) and it totally ruined our bathroom cabinet, so now we have to look for one of those too.

We were hoping to pay off my car with any insurance money left over, but it seems like its going to be all used up.  Maybe not, but the way things are going, it sure is looking that way. Oh well, it was wishful thinking to get my car paid off by the end of the year. It would just be nice to have that extra $300 going into savings, or going toward paying of other debt.

Anyway, I guess we'll be starting our next and final Femara + IUI cycle...I'm 14dpo on our natural cycle (with great timing btw) and got a BFN. This one hasn't stung so bad since I know our chances per the RE on our own is like 4%. Still sucks though when everything cycle wise seemed good (ovulation on CD 16 and perfect timing)...ah who am I kidding. I'm honestly just doing the Femara cycle b/c a) I have one more round of meds already and b) I'm postponing the inevitable of injects.

I do have some hope that injects will work, but I'm scared that its going to cause me a lot of missed work (and they are stingy with the sick time... you actually get written up for using a lot of sick time in a small period of time) and I know I'm going to be stressed and totally devastated if a cycle of injects doesn't work. Plus shelling out $400 per IUI not to mention all the monitoring appts which = about $500 +/- a cycle is not an easy thing to do. Especially when things still aren't working. Anyway, that is why I am 99% sure this Femara + IUI cycle will be the last medicated cycle this year for me. I just can't go through all this crap during holidays. They are already stressful enough and work is super busy so I think it'll be better to just take a few weeks off and start fresh next year. And no, I refuse to say 2012 will "be my year" or "will be better than 2011" b/c EVERY year I have done that, nothing comes of it and the year before usually ends up not looking so bad after going through the next year.

Anyway, I know this post sounds woe is me and sad, but I honestly am doing well. Besides some minor bumps, we ARE getting our house fixed and our contractors have been great to work with so far. I have started going to an infertility Bible study and have started breaking through some of my anger towards God, and realizing that I need to try to see the big picture b/c what I'm going through now is just a little glimpse of the whole. I have some great friends that I love talking to and texting with. They help me, encourage me, and we just share in this heartbreak together which helps me (and I hope them) get through the year.

Just a little check in since its been a while. Hopefully I can get some pics of our "new" house once everything is done. It'll be something to celebrate for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment