House TLC for 2011
- Donate any clothes, shoes, etc. I (or B) no longer wear / use (Donated a lot after the Apr. 27th tornado, still need to go through some clothes though b/c I know there's more I could get rid of)
Throw out too worn / unusable clothes, shoes, etc.(This is pretty much done. I'm sure there's an article of clothing here or there that we haven't gone through yet, but mostly done.)- Shred all documents with personal info we no longer need (In the process. Got a LOT of this done, but we still have a good pile. Also need to remember to sign up for no "you're pre-approved" mail)
- Finish painting dining room (Yeah... this didn't get done b/c we had to pile a lot of our stuff in the dining room while the rest of our house was getting fixed...on my too do list for early next year)
- Hang curtains in guest room
- Hang pictures / art (Working on getting things back the way we want them so no wall art yet)
Unclutter livingroom and master bedroom(You could say these are uncluttered since everything got pulled out of each room)- Decorate livingroom and master bedroom
- Finish decorating kitchen
- Put shelves / hooks in laundry room and garage
Arrange pick up for daybed for donation(Daybed was donated!)Get rid of broken futon(Done, helps when you have a 20 something ft dumpster in your front yard for a couple months!)Get rid of dead tree in front yard(This got done not long after the tornado knocked it over)- Landscape front yard (Didn't get this accomplished with all the craziness, but totally on our to do list for Spring. We did get rid of all the crazy bushes and whatnot so we have a clean slate for the Spring)
Get rid of random bushes in backyard (I really don't know what the people who lived here before us were thinking with their random shrubbery in the middle of the back yard!?)(Hallelujah!! Our back yard look soooo much better now!)- Update both bathroom light fixtures (Well, we got the guest bathroom light updated, one down, one to go)
Get livingroom rug steam cleaned(No need now that all the carpet is ripped out and we have laminate!!)- Paint master bathroom (I guess I was wanting to change the color, but for now, the color is fine)
Repaint guest bath (maybe)(Yup, found a new color I love with the new floors. I just lack a second coat and this is finished!)Fix chipped paint in guest room(We had all the walls in this room fixed b/c they were a mess, just have to repaint now)- Decorate guest room
Take all cardboard boxes to be recycled(Done)
- Big project: Unclutter / organize 3rd bedroom (aka storage room) (This is still storage while we were getting the rest of the house fixed. Another big to do to finish early next year)
No comments:
Post a Comment