So after almost 2 years, lots of going back and forth, many tears, and a little bit of drama, I have picked up the phone and made THE appointment. I'll be having my consultation with a "real" RE on March 3rd!
I put real in quotes b/c as most of you know, I had a brief relationship with my ob/gyn's infertility department back in Jun/Jul 2010 and had a so-so experience. The nurses were great but I never once met the "RE" and really there was no RE at their IF dept. Nope, it was an ob/gyn that ran the dept. and basically several nurses that did EVERYTHING. I'm ok with nurses taking care of me, but to not ever meet the Dr. that has my IF care in her hands?? Unacceptable. I understand them being busy, and I understand the I wasn't at the level of care that required a doctor's intervention, but it would have been nice to meet the person who decided my 6.7 TSH was "fine." Do I know if she even saw the results? I never got to address my concerns with her. So yeah, after a bad experience on Clomid and them basically shrugging my concerns about my thyroid off, I said "no more!" and just quit going.
And now I've gone off and ranted about a facility, which for the most part I have LOVED. Just not the IF dept. so much. Anyway, so new RE is a real RE and I'm actually going to get to meet her and sit down and talk with her and go over what she thinks will be best for me. Interesting concept that is, huh? So I'm excited to get the ball rolling b/c it seems perfectly clear that I will not get pregnant on my own. And so I'm taking a leap off the high dive and hopefully making a beautiful swan dive into the pool of infertility treatments. May the needles enter smoothly and leave little to no bruising, may my emotions remain in tact, and most importantly, may I end up with a nice round belly by the end of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment