Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Challenge

Start of Cycle 23...can it be that I'm almost at 2 years trying for a baby?? I can honestly say that when I started out on this journey, I never thought I'd be the one having to go see a specialist and going through procedures. I guess you never know what life is going to throw at you.

I can say that I am blessed (yes you read that right) to have been picked for this journey through infertility. I have met a ton of great women and I now know more than I ever could imagine about what goes on with my body. It definitely still confuses me at times...but lets face it, my body has never been one to do as it should...I think some wires got crossed somewhere and it just whacked out my whole hormonal system!

Anyway, so officially on an RE supervised medicated cycle and so happy to not have to do Clomid again, ::shudders:: Its so overwhelming to think of everything I have to do in the next 2 weeks or so...

  • Friday, 18th ~ Baseline b/w
  • Sunday, 20th ~ Start Femara
  • Tuesday, 22nd ~ HSG
  • Saturday, 26th ~ CD10 B/W
  • Start taking OPKs
  • Once I get a +, I have to go in for a monitoring appt and an HSG shot...oh and they are also throwing in a post coital somewhere in there. 
I know its not a lot...but it seems like it to me, especially when most women get pg from just having sex (imagine that!). Still, it makes my heart hurt that so many close friends have had to go through so much more than what I am. I mean, I feel overwhelmed by ^ that? I can't even fathom how crazy overwhelming IVF is.

I have got to send shout outs and e-hugs to all my sweet e-friends, I honestly can tell you I would have gone crazy and probably been really depressed by now if I hadn't met you all. <3 you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment: